I kind of just want to make this post for both my own reminder and just as a basic post regarding my philosophy on celebrity privacy in fandom space.
- if a celebrity identifies as straight, then they identify as straight and we should respect that.
- if a celebrity has a girlfriend/boyfriend, we should respect that and them.
- shipping something does not make you an ally
- we are not part of these people’s private lives
- if someone chooses not to publicly identify themselves as lgbtqa, that is their decision.
- yes, it’s true that the way the entertainment/sports industry works means that some queer celebrities may not come out because of the risk to their careers
- yes, that is still something that we have to respect
- above all else, we should never, ever put pressure on someone to come out, no matter how strong our suspicion is that they are lgbtqa
- because it