“I hate him. And I… I don’t like hating people. But I just put all my hate on him so I don’t have to hate anybody else. So that l could be a good person, you know. To my grandmother, to my friends, to your daughter. That’s all I wanna say. I just wanna tell him to his face that I hate him. But he doesn’t even have a face.”
COACH: Do you know how many people depend on you to make good decisions? Huh? Do you have any idea? Your grandmother, your friends, your teammates. You better start making ‘em. You better stop being so damn selfish and stop feeling sorry for yourself, do you hear me?
Friday Night Lights Rewatch: 1x01 - Pilot
Give all of us gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable and we will all at some point in our lives fall; we will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts…that what we have is special. That it can be taken from us and that when it is taken from us we will be tested…we will be tested to our very souls. We will now all be tested. It is these times…it is this pain that allows us to look inside ourselves.
- He said that since I’m not coming home that they’re gonna go back to Seattle.
- Good. Let them go. You stay here.
- I will babysit for you. I will do the dishes. I will clean the house.
- No, shut up. No, you just stay here, okay?
- Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me.
- I know. Hey, just stay with us. You’re gonna be okay. […] I know. It’s really okay.